Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Cross progression provides the latest save for every save type. For players who were using the previous GOG and Steam cloud save file integration on the Nintendo Switch version, you will need to use the cross progression feature introduced in the 4.04 update to carry over your saves.
- Make sure your version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is updated to the latest patch - this will be visible from the game’s main menu under the title.
- Select "My Rewards".
- Connect the game to your GOG account by following the instructions on the screen.
- Once connected, cross progression will be enabled by default. You can also turn it on/off in Options → Gameplay → Cross Progression.
- Open the “Load Game” menu and press the button/key for Cross Progression displayed on the bottom right corner.
- Create a new save. It will be automatically uploaded to the cloud and a cloud icon will appear next to the save name.
- Launch The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on the platform you wish to continue playing the game and select “My Rewards”.
- Connect the game to the same GOG account using the instructions from step #3.
- Your uploaded saves will be available from the “Load Game” menu."