Power cycling your console will help you to troubleshoot performance issues, crashes and black screens. Doing this does not erase any of your games or data.
Unplugging method to power cycle any Xbox console:
- Power down your Xbox console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
- Unplug the power cable
- Wait for two minutes
- Plug the power cable back and turn the console on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or on your controller.
Software power cycle method on Xbox Series X:
- Press the Xbox button in the middle of your controller.
- Scroll to the right to Profile & System.
- Select Settings with the A button.
- Select Devices & Connections.
- Select Blu-Ray.
- Select Persistent Storage.
- Select Clear Persistent Storage.
In some cases it is also recommended to use an earlier gamesave before the issue occurred.